Surging prices have more than doubled the value of oil in the past year. That hasn't put food on the table. Price-controlled staples are often in short supply. Beef production declined last year even as consumer demand surged. Venezuelans are buying new cars as investments. A currency black market is thriving. Inflation hit an annualized 29 percent in April.
- ► 2011 (58)
- ► 2010 (53)
- ► 2009 (473)
- The Debts of the Lenders: Venezuelan Economics
- The Debts of the Lenders: An Oily Hot Summer
- The Debts of the Spenders: Ethanol Pipelines in th...
- The Debts of the Lenders: A Hedge Fund Based in Af...
- The Debts of the World: Out w/the Old, In w/the Ne...
- The Debts of a Nation: When Advisors Leave. . .
- The Debts of the Spenders: Behind the Fed's Policy...
- The Debts of the Lenders: Japanese banks see 14.4 ...
- The Debts of the Spenders: Fend Extends Bailout Pr...
- ▼ May (9)